Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Wednesday Night Rambling

Work has been rather stressful this week. Mostly because people do not follow directions or think. I am happy to help people with difficult issues; however, out of the many calls and emails I have received, only one was a question that required me to think instead of refer someone to an email that I sent just the other day. By the end of today, I had a wicked headache and my stomach was upset. I decided not to go to the gym. I am happy that I decided not to because I think taking care of myself also means knowing when not to push my body too hard. Plus, I was productive tonight. I picked up my dry cleaning, went grocery shopping, and baked vegan chocolate cupcakes with vegan cream cheese frosting (from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World) for my co-worker's birthday tomorrow. And, I even did all the dishes after finishing the cupcakes. That is something very new for me.

It feels kind of stupid to be rambling on about my day after what happened in Haiti (and what happens around the world on a daily basis). One of my favorite professors in graduate school is Haitian and did a lot of work there with the World Bank. I'm hoping that since the semester has started, he was not down there. I've donated to Red Cross and will be giving to Doctors Without Borders. I'm not much of a pray-er, but sometimes it feels right to do that too.

1 comment:

  1. I miss your cupcakes :( Sorry you're having a rough week at work. And it's okay to get it out and vent I think. I'm glad you're not pushing yourself. I know when I get stressed the first thing that goes is healthy eating and wanting to stay on track, but I think you're doing the right things for you and sticking with your goals! I'm so proud of you!

    I am having the same thoughts on Haiti ... :( Not sure what to do but hope and pray.

    ReplyDelete