Friday, January 22, 2010

Happy Friday!

It's Friday afternoon, and I have a break from my phone ringing and since I hadn't posted in a week, I thought I'd post some more thoughts.

This week has been fair. Work has been busy, and I have been a bit crabby with people. As I've lamented many times, when I have to be very nice to a lot of people over a short amount of time, I lose my other abilities to function socially. I am short with people. I can't really complete sentences, and I lack attention span. If I had cramps, it would be like being on my period. Luckily, these reporting periods only last a couple of weeks every quarter, and will eventually end completely. Until then, I just hope that I get to speak to IT guy at least once a day. He makes me smile, even if he flirts with everyone. It's kind of hard to get tired of hearing a cute guy say "I'm better now that I'm talking to you." I'm sure he says it to everyone, but I can pretend it's only me.

I have still been good about the cooking. It has become more routine to get home and make something or to pack lunch in the morning.

(Note: While writing the above sentence, IT guy called. It was lovely. We chatted about beer and other drinks, new DC bars/restaurants, and working out. I very much enjoyed the moment when I saw it was him on my caller ID and not another confused grantee).

I've pretty much decided to cook/eat vegan at home and then be less limited if I am eating out. I think this is a good way of both balancing the foods I eat and ensuring that I limit my intake of dairy and meat without too much difficulty. Also, I have felt better recently than I have in a long time, so I think that something is working for me. I figure I should continue with it until something changes.

I went to the gym yesterday and will go again today, but haven't been great about exercise this week. Part of the problem is just being tired. The other is that I got my new tattoo on Monday, and it is on my lower left ribs and a bit onto my stomach and is still a bit sore. When I use my abs to much, it hurts- even while dancing! It's doing better today, though I think that it will start itching soon. No fun, but the tattoo is beautiful, so it's ok. (I'll post some pictures when it has healed.)

My goals for the weekend are to grocery shop, cook, and go through my clothes. I'm hoping to book a zipcar so that I can donate my clothes right away. It would free up an incredible amount of space in my apartment. Also, I need to clean my kitchen.

I also plan on sleeping. A lot.

2 comments:

  1. Hmm so you think IT guy is just flirty as an M.O.?
    I'm glad eating vegan has made you feel better! I've been doing raw at home/vegan out and that's been the same feeling- not totally raw but I'm feeling much better.
    Can't wait to see healed tat pics!! :)
    How did the clothes sorting go? I've been doing the same here but I haven't successfully donated the things I want to be rid of yet ... you are motivating me to get that stuff out and gone! :)

    Happy cleaning weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I decided to wait on the clothes sorting, partly because I couldn't get a zipcar this weekend to take the donations and the other part because I ended up napping most of yesterday. Haha. I am determined to get my kitchen clean today though. I use it so much now, I really need to do a better job taking care of it.

    Yeah, I think IT guy is just generally flirty, which is fine though a little sad. I will enjoy it for what it is I think.

    ReplyDelete