Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Asking questions

I'm feeling a little blah this morning. The past few days I've gotten a bit off track. Not in that I've been really eating poorly or going back on my cooking plans, but rather not being as mindful as I should. I could feel a difference in my body this morning. It was a somewhat unpleasant reminder that 2 weeks of doing well is not enough, that I need to think about it every time I eat or whenever I decide not to do some sort of exercise. I need to ask myself "How will this make you feel?" or "How will this impact your goals?". I think these questions are a good way to quickly adjust my head when I start to feel like I'm losing my focus. Also, writing on this thing does help, especially when I describe the things I've eaten and the work I put into them. It's a good accountability tool so I am going to work to put in one entry a day. I eat everyday. I am in my apartment thinking about cleaning everyday. May as well write about it.

1 comment:

  1. It's a lot of work/energy to be "on" all the time. I think its totally normal to slip and get a bit frustrated. I think you're taking the right approach by reframing questions and returning to mindfulness. :) I'm behind you 110%!

    ReplyDelete